The pre-construction phase of every project is one of the most critical aspects to the success of the project. We are creative thinkers, planners, and problem solvers and have managed many projects, both large and small, throughout Maine. Our pre-construction services include:
- Acting as the owner’s advocate. By doing this, the client will have better control of costs, schedules, and conformance to their original goals. Our client is kept aware of progress and any potential changes to the project.
- Making sure design and engineering meet the project’s needs. This includes us preparing commissioning documents, developing design concepts, and peer reviewing the plans and specifications.
- Ensuring the contractors provide quoted pricing, schedule, and quality. We will manage the bidding and contractor selection process throughout, providing a detailed budget and critical path method of scheduling.
- Working closely with the owner and architect throughout the project. We facilitate direct communication between the client, architects, engineers, and contractors. This is a key factor in minimizing disruptions during construction.
Our Pre-Construction Services include:
- Providing procurement/bid management services
- Providing input during the initial development
- Identifying value management options
- Conducting constructability reviews
- Providing budget and cost estimates
- Providing LEED/sustainability support
- Developing a master schedule
- Identifying and purchase long-lead items
- Providing a safety plan
- Developing quality control/quality assurance plan