Who We Are: Bowman Constructors is a family-owned general contracting firm offering construction management, design and build services and pre-engineered buildings throughout the state of Maine. Bowman has been the contractor of choice for hundreds of public, commercial, institutional, and renovation projects since 1987.
Who We are Looking For: A Bowman team member is someone who wakes up, every morning, ready to take on the world! We are looking for individuals who take pride in their work and are eager to be part of teams who are – literally – building our communities.
A Bowman Team member must possess the following:
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Rough carpentry experience is required (formwork, framing etc.)
- Willingness to travel within the state of Maine
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy objects regularly (50 lbs +)
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor
- Being comfortable with heights is required.
- Must possess skills to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willingness to grow within the company
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment
What we Expect:
- Represent the company professionally in a friendly and personable manner.
- Adhere to Bowman’s philosophy of hard work and teamwork.
- Eagerly seek to improve and expand your skill sets and learn from those around you.
- Stay up to date with regulations and requirements by attending training classes and seminars, etc.
- A willingness to work on large jobs, small jobs and jobs that may not seem “glamorous”
- A team player
- Detailed workmanship
- Ownership mentality
- Efficiently work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment
- Follow project instructions from construction manager or supervisor
- Consult with construction plans
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist in building scaffolding and temporary structures
- Safely operate a variety of tools and equipment including heavy machinery and handheld tools
- Prepare new construction sites
- Provide assistance to contractors as needed
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
What We Offer:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
- Yearly boot allowance
- Continued jobsite training
- OSHA training
- Simple IRA
- Growth opportunities.
* Bowman Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in our application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.
Bowman Constructors complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Human Resources Representative to arrange for such accommodation.
You may submit a personal resume to accompany this application; however, it is important for you to answer all questions and complete all sections of the Application. We will retain your completed Application in our active files for ninety (90) days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $20.00 per hour
All team members will be required to wear a mask on the jobsite as well as when in the office per Governor Mills executive orders.