Who We Are: Bowman Constructors is a family-owned general contracting firm offering construction management, design-build services, and pre-engineered buildings throughout the state of Maine. Bowman has been the contractor of choice for hundreds of public, commercial, institutional, and renovation projects since 1987.
Who We are Looking For: A Bowman team member is someone who wakes up, every morning, ready to take on the world! We are looking for individuals who take pride in their work and are eager to be part of teams who are – literally – building our communities.
What we Expect:
- Represent the company professionally in a friendly and personable manner.
- Adhere to Bowman’s philosophy of hard work and teamwork.
- Eagerly seek to improve and expand your skill sets and learn from those around you.
- Stay up to date with regulations and requirements by attending training classes and seminars, etc.
- A willingness to work on large jobs, small jobs and jobs that may not seem “glamorous”
- A team player
- Detailed workmanship
- Ownership mentality
- Efficiently work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
Our team is looking for an experienced construction superintendent to manage our projects. You’ll supervise our staff and ensure projects are delivered on time. As a superintendent, your job duties will also include allocating and monitoring budgets.
This role requires excellent communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with various people, such as construction workers, architects and engineers. In order to succeed, it’s important to know how to implement quality, health, and safety standards onsite.
If you are organized, able to work well under pressure and have experience in this field, we’d like to meet you.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Set performance goals and deadlines
- Plan construction processes
- Estimate costs and ensure the project is on budget
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities
- Implementing, maintaining, and enforcing all project safety procedures.
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance
- Keep track of material stock and orders
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Previous experience as a construction superintendent or in a similar role
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction job sites
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to lead and inspire
- Willingness to travel within the state of Maine
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy objects regularly (50 lbs +)
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time while performing physical labor
- Being comfortable with heights is required.
- Must possess skills to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willingness to grow within the company
What We Offer:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
- Yearly boot allowance
- Continuing Education
- OSHA training
- Simple IRA
- Growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive pay based on experience
All team members will be required to wear a mask on the jobsite as well as when in the office per Governor Mills executive orders.
* Bowman Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in our application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.
Bowman Constructors complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Human Resources Representative to arrange for such accommodation.
You may submit a personal resume to accompany this application; however, it is important for you to answer all questions and complete all sections of the Application. We will retain your completed Application in our active files for ninety (90) days.